Archive for June, 2010
June 15, 2010 Leave a comment
I respond in multiple parts:
The following links are relevant to the videos:
- UPDATE: As of Tuesday the 15th, it’s official: MSNBC has decided to defend Etheridge’s assault on the grounds that the students being assaulted were probably Republicans. They have also determined that it is still unwise to manhandle someone, especially if you get caught.
- The Guardian has joined MSNBC in explaining that the Congressman’s actions were not terrible and criminal due to the fact that the gentlemen pictured were almost certainly Republicans who knowingly disagreed with the Congressman and chose to breathe his air anyway.
- The Washington Post has called the incident a “gaffe”, declaring that it will not significantly affect Etheridge’s campaign for re-election and equating it with off-hand remarks made by Michelle Bachmann and Joe Wilson. That’s right, the Washington Post thinks that this is all about what Etheridge said, and not the fact that he physically attacked innocent young men.
- The New York Times has decided today is a good day to remember why Republicans aren’t allowed to shove people.
- Bob Etheridge assaults innocent civilians: the original video.
- Bob Etheridge’s contact information.
- Renee Elmers’ self-professed views.
- Frank Deatrich makes it clear that the federal government’s policy of redistributing wealth and controlling lives is simply not okay through his answers to this questionnaire.